CALLING THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY TO PRAY TOGETHER!
Calling the Christian community to pray together Sunday, October 5, 2014 2:00-3:00pm at the Missouri Capitol Rotunda. Seven pastors from local churches will lead in prayer. This is a grassroots prayer event is nondenominational and nonpolitical.
Regarding Corporate Prayer in the MO Capitol Rotunda
In November of 2008, a nondenominational, nonpolitical grassroots prayer meeting was held that was attended by approximately 250 people. Seven pastors from different denominations led participants in prayer regarding seven topics. The meeting was held from 2:00PM to 3:00PM.
It is being done again — this time on the first Sunday of the next 3 months. September 7, October 5, and November 2, 2014 from 2:00PM to 3:00PM.
As many are aware, America has turned from the path of a Biblical worldview to a secular one, and the consequence is that we are in trouble. We believe that corporate prayer is of critical importance at this crossroads in our nation’s future.
The main purposes for these prayer gatherings are:
- To obey the Lord by praying His Word in obedience to His Will.
- To promote harmony and unity among His Churches by assembling together and praying together in one accord, and by providing a table for Christian ministries to display their information.
- To pray in the Rotunda with the authority we have as citizens of Missouri and the USA.
- To publically send the message that we Christians know and acknowledge that God alone is the answer to all problems. Military, education, politics, etc., are some channels through which He works, if asked by His people.
- To acknowledge and honor our desperate need for man’s government to line up with God’s government, recognizing that the institution of government is from God.
Each person will have a copy of a Scriptural prayer for each topic. Pastors will lead the congregation in praying the prayers out loud. Some pastors may feel led to pray additional prayer for their topics.
The topics are Church, Family, Education, Arts and Entertainment, Media, Business, and Government.
We hope pastors will encourage their members to participate in all of the meetings by including information in their bulletins, posting flyers where appropriate, and reminding them from the pulpit.
This is a grassroots prayer effort, with no money, committee, etc., just Christians who know that God hears and answers prayer and is waiting for our obedience so He can move on our behalf.